• Your Details
  • Your Property
  • Your Insurance
  • Your Quotation
  • Purchase Policy

Frequently Asked Questions

We have listed below a number of the questions that are often raised when Holiday Home Insurance is purchased.

Can immediate cover be arranged?

Does the policy provide Employers Liability?
Yes. The policy automatically provides Employers Liability cover up to £10 million for any domestic staff.

How much should I insure my Holiday Home for??
For your Buildings you need to take into consideration not only the cost of rebuilding the main property but also any outbuildings, swimming pools, boundary walls in addition to solicitors and surveyors fees and demolition costs.
With your Contents you need to consider all household goods and personal property within your Holiday Home and how much you would have to pay to replace them as new. We do make a deduction for wear and tear for clothing and linen.

What does "New For Old" mean?
This means that the item referred to will be replaced for its current value without a deduction for wear, tear or betterment.

Do I need to specify any valuables?
We would recommend that you check your main household policy to see if it covers items outside of your permanent residence. This cover is often referred to as All Risks. If you keep any items permanently in the holiday home and they exceed the single article limit then we will need to specify them on the policy schedule.

Do I have cover away from my home?
Our policy provides cover for your contents whilst within the confines of your holiday home. As above we would recommend that you speak to the Insurers of your main residence for cover away from the holiday home in respect of valuables and personal effects.

Do I have Accidental Damage cover?
Accidental Damage cover is available to the policy holder and family members and friends staying at the holiday home free of charge and tenants, but only where a rental contract has been signed.

Is full cover provided whilst my property is unoccupied?
Full cover is provided subject to the security requirements being complied with, the property being furnished, and the water being turned off at the mains and all equipment drained to its fullest extent if your property is to be unoccupied for more than 60 days (or is not being lived in overnight from the 1st November to the 31st March inclusive).

How much do I have to pay in the event of a claim?
Our policies state that you need to pay the first £100 of any claim or the voluntary excess selected, apart from subsidence and landslip where you need to pay the first £1000.00 of any claim and escape of water or oil where you need to pay the first £500 of any claim. For properties in Portugal, Southern Cyprus and Bulgaria an increased policy excess is applicable in respect of Earthquake and this is shown in the policy wording.

What should I do in the event that I need to make a claim?
We understand that in the event of an incident occurring then making a claim can be stressful and we aim to make the process of settling a claim as quick and painless as possible. You should contact the dedicated Claims Team as soon as you think that you may need to make a claim. They are available from Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5.30pm on 01708 777720 and will be happy to help you. In the event of a theft, malicious damage, vandalism or loss of property occurring then you must notify the local police station and obtain a crime reference number immediately or within 24 hours of the loss occurring or being discovered.

In the event that I need to cancel my cover what do I do?
You are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid if you find the policy unsuitable for your needs and cancel it within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents, as long as no claims have been made. If you need to cancel cover after that time then simply notify us in writing with the reason for cancellation and state the date that you need cover to cease from - remember that if the policy is in more than one name then everyone will need to sign the letter.